All of our Athletes will be given food guides and logs that will be filled in on a weekly basis. It is imperative that the high quality calories in meets or exceeds the calories expended through exercise play and normal metabolism. Throughout the journal process we will make recommendations for areas of improvement. We meet the athletes where they are at and try to raise the quality and quantity of foods eaten Sports Nutrition is the study and practice of nutrition and diet as it relates to athletic performance. The focus is the quality, type and quantity of fluid and food taken by an athlete, and deals with nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, supplements and organic substances such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
How Sports Nutrition Enhances Performance
- Quality foods will improve performance by improving body composition. A leaner athlete which increases speed, quickness, mobility, and strength.
- Aids in speed of recovery, which will in turn create more capacity for practicing and competition as the body is becoming more fit.
- Increased energy for both practice and competition, which will definitely help one’s performance.
- Strategic diet will also increase immunity, allowing one to stay healthy and be able to continue intense practice , training and games..
- High quality nutrition will improve your overall health, . It is important for an athlete to maintain weight by increase muscle and decreasing fat. Weight gain places strain on cardiovascular and respiratory systems which slowing an athlete down and creating more stress on the body. While weight loss means that a person is not getting enough nutrients to sustain the body causing poor recovery and extreme fatigue. Athletes do this by eating foods high in protein, complex carbohydrates and other micronutrients.
9821 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4A1
Mon - Fri: 11:00 to 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 to 13:00
Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 09:00am - 1:00pm
GET IN TOUCH
Copyright 2018 Victory Athletic Center.